Preparing your application for the Part-time MBA
Application deadlinesNext intake: January 2018
Final application deadline: December 2017
How to apply
To apply for the part-time blended learning Global MBA programme at The University of Manchester Middle East Centre, you need to complete the Global MBA application form, take an Admissions Test and submit your supporting documents.
Create and account and complete the Global MBA application form We will contact you when you start the application to provide support. You will need to upload your CV/resumé to be able to submit your application.
You can prepare your essays off line and cut and paste them into the application form when you are ready. (See details of the essays below)
- • After submitting the form you will receive an automated receipt from No.email@example.com. Please save this email to your contacts to make sure you receive our messages about your application.
- • You can save a partially completed application at any stage and return to it later by clicking ‘save’ and then log out. When you log back in to your account, click ‘return to my applications’.
- • You can move through each section of the application form in any order by clicking on the navigation links in the menu at the side. Each section will automatically save when you click on the navigation links or by clicking the save button at the bottom of the page.
- • The questions marked with a * are mandatory therefore you will need to complete them to submit the form.
- • You can find more information to help you complete the form by clicking the ? icon by the side of each of the navigation links.
Application documentsYou are also required to submit the following:
Candidates for the Global MBA are not automatically required to take an English Language test. If you have taken an English test please provide the details of your score in the application form and email a copy of your score report. English competence is assessed throughout the admissions process. See Entry Requirements.
All applicants to our MBA programmes are required to take an admissions test and we will not normally assess your application until we have your result. You can choose to take the Manchester Admissions Test (MAT), GMAT® or GRE®.
When completing the application form you can select which test you prefer to take.
Most candidates for our Global MBA programmes will take the Manchester Admissions Test (MAT), which is designed and delivered by Talent Q.
- The MAT is completed online and you can take it at your convenience in your home or office or anywhere where you have a good internet connection.
- There are three short assessments (verbal, numerical and logical) that do not require preparation and take around 45 minutes to complete.
- We will provide you with a login and password to take the test after you submit your MBA application. The invitation will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please save this email to your contacts so that the invitation does not get delivered to your junk email.
GMAT and GRE require dedicated preparation to optimise your performance and you will need to register to take the test on a particular date in an official test centre. If you have already completed the GMAT or GRE you will be asked to enter your scores in the application form. If you are intending to take GMAT or GRE you will need to put your intended test date to be able to submit the MBA application form.How will we use your result in our admissions decision?
The admissions test is only one of our admission criteria - we are looking for candidates with the 'right fit' for the unique Manchester MBA. We take a holistic view when evaluating applications, considering the ‘person’ rather than a score and place more emphasis on your professional, academic and personal achievements; and your leadership and team-working skills. A very good result does not necessarily give a better chance of admission and a less strong result does not mean you cannot be admitted.
For further information about Admissions Tests for our Global MBA programmes please click below.