The modern business world demands agility, flexibility and collaboration across boundaries. The Manchester Management Development Programme helps talented, ambitious managers make the transition to be the senior leaders of tomorrow. No matter what industry, sector or geography you come from, this three-day programme will help you grow, move out of your comfort zone and gain the skills and knowledge you need to take on new challenges and roles.
We have designed the Manchester Management Development Programme with Middle Eastern business culture in mind, applying significant experience and expertise in international business. The programme covers a range of issues that are especially important when doing business in the Middle East.
At a glance
We're here to help
The Manchester Management Development Programme concentrates your learning across three days. You will answer the ten key questions that all ambitious managers should ask themselves. We'll make sure you leave with a clear action plan and the confidence, knowledge and skills you might need to achieve it.
- Complete the MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator - an internationally-used psychometric instrument) questionnaire
- Pre-read a case
- Pre-work on OTS
- Produce your 'pen profile'
- Sign into the Blackboard Virtual Learning Environment
Where have I come from?
- MBTI introduction, results, discussion and ideas
Introduction to the OTS model
- Working in small groups to develop ideas for further implementation
Where am I now?
- Mapping and managing stakeholders
- Managing risk and uncertainty
- Understanding negotiating
- Working within strong organisational hierarchies
Where am I going?
How will I get there?
- Understanding strategic thinking & diagnosis of market and industry forces
- Cross-cultural and international working
- Implementing strategic thinking into a coherent strategy
- Key components of successful strategies
- Good project planning
How can I change things?
- Understanding the nature of change theory and change management
What do I need from others?
What do I need to be in command of?
Who do I need to get on board?
- Engaging with others
- Generating the confidence to ask the right questions
- Ensuring the real challenges are being addressed
- Understanding building and leading teams
- Building confidence in negotiating
What will I do next week?
- Planning for success
- Identifying your signature story that underlines your strengths and capabilities
- Managing expectations
- Measuring success
- Making a real difference
- Planning your return to work
The Manchester Management Development Programme is designed to support 'managers in transition'.
You could be transitioning from:
- Supervision in a narrow specialism to general management
- An operational role to translating and implementing vision and strategy
- Functional competence to designing tomorrow's organisation
- One career to another
Alliance Manchester Business School has some of the most highly-regarded experts in business management. By working closely with industry, the team can solve real problems, predict future trends and drive change in business and management.
Dr Nick Clifford
Nick is a senior fellow at Alliance MBS specialising in executive education for a broad range of clients.
Nick’s early career included retail management in London and he then turned towards urban and regional planning. He joined Alliance Manchester Business School in 2000 and has subsequently been appointed a Senior Fellow in the School.
Professor Arun Singh, OBE FRSA
Arun is a corporate educator, company board director and executive associate of Alliance Manchester Business School. With over 25 years’ experience, he works as a non-executive director, leading international business lawyer, visiting professor (at UK and international universities and business schools), and senior government advisor.