Kelley School of Business: The world leader in online learning
Half of the courses on the Kelley-Manchester Global MBA are delivered online by Kelley School of Business, Indiana – a world leader in online learning. Kelley’s rigorous curriculum is delivered online in a flexible, interactive format that works for busy professionals, so you can advance your career while you continue to manage other responsibilities in your life. You’ll learn from the same respected faculty that teach on the School’s residential programmes – award winning, accessible teachers who will recharge your thinking on business. Kelley also delivers classes from Washington DC.
Alliance Manchester Business School: The global expert in immersive teaching
Half of the courses on the Kelley-Manchester Global MBA are delivered by Alliance MBS. These courses typically include an intensive three-day workshop delivered by our most senior faculty – a chance to step away from your day job and immerse yourself in the world of global business.
Since we opened our doors in 1965 as one of the UK’s first business schools, we’ve set ourselves apart with this focus on ‘learning by doing’. Our practical approach teaches MBAs to apply theory to live business challenges, think creatively and become opinion leaders.
As you progress through the Kelley-Manchester Global MBA you will choose four electives from your field(s) of interest. AMBS electives include a workshop residential at any of AMBS’ global centres and Kelley electives are delivered online. We also offer a small number of electives that include a workshop residential in Washington DC. Please contact us for further information.
This is your chance to customise the MBA to suit your personal goals and interests. Our electives span many popular fields of expertise including: entrepreneurship and innovation; finance; HR management; leadership and management practice; marketing; projects and technology.
We deliver electives across our global centres in Dubai, Hong Kong, Manchester, São Paulo, Shanghai and Singapore, as well as select electives in Washington DC. You will benefit from the opportunity to widen your international network and sharpen your knowledge of the global business environment.
AMBS electives (choose three)
Your choices include:
- Big Data Analytics
- Business-to-business Marketing
- Commercial And Contract Management
- Corporate Turnaround And Restructuring
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Doing Business In China
- Entrepreneurship And Innovation Management
- Information Systems And Digital Strategy
- Investments And Portfolio Management
- Managing Disruptive Technologies
- Media And The Creative Economy
- Negotiation Skills
- Practical Investing
- Strategic HR Management
- Strategic Project Organizing
- Supply Chain Management
- Sustainable And Socially Responsible Business
- The Digital Economy
- The Practising Manager
- Venture Capital And Private Equity
Kelley electives (choose two)
Your choices include:
- Asset Pricing and Security Valuation (online)
- Digital Marketing: Theory, Design, and Strategy (online)
- International Financial Management (online)
- Organisation Design for Strategic Advantage (online)
- Washington Campus Public Policy Education (includes 5-day workshop residential)
- Supply Chain Management – Sourcing (online)
- Sustainable Operations (online)
- Thinking Strategically: Game Theory and Business Strategy (online)
- Valuation And Capital Investments (online)
- Working Capital Management (online)
- At least three years’ professional experience with strong career progression and a recognised degree, or
- Eight to ten years’ managerial experience instead of a recognised degree
- Successful completion of one of the following tests: Manchester Admissions Test (one hour online test), GMAT or GRE
- English language qualification (TOEFL iBT/IELTS/CPE/PTE Academic/India Standard x 11) if applicable
- Excellent team working, communication, professional and interpersonal skills
- Please review the full entry requirements before you apply.
- Next intake: July 2019
- Fees: $65,000 (paid in installments over two years)
- Scholarships: Every applicant is automatically considered for a scholarship. Our scholarships are awarded on merit and are worth USD 5,000, USD 10,000 and USD 15,000.
Top global organisations want global executives who thrive in a multicultural environment, who have experience of other cultures and can manage across boundaries. There will be opportunities to:
- Enhance your general management skills to move up or change career
- Broaden your understanding of international business by taking workshops at our global centres
- Learn from an internationally renowned team of academics, industry experts and business leaders
- Apply critical judgement and demonstrate leadership - all of which can be applied to your current role
- Work with global executives from the likes of AstraZeneca, Bank of New York Mellon, IBM, KPMG, PWC and Siemens etc
- Take advantage of our dedicated part-time Global Careers Service
Workshops on the global pathway can be taken in the UK or at one of our global international centres, and present a valuable opportunity to share learning with colleagues and to build up a global network of contacts:
- Residential workshops provide a minimum 24 hours of face-to-face contact per course which is more direct contact than many part-time on campus programmes.
- Courses without residential workshops are complemented with online workshops that consist of online discussions and tutorials linked to a formative assessment.
- Learn from guest speakers.
- Socialise with classmates.
Workshops are a prescribed element of the course and attendance is required for at least 80% of the workshops. The number of MBA students in each workshop session is kept deliberately low, typically 25-30, to maintain their high quality and interactive nature.
Workshop sessions are delivered by senior faculty and a pool of experts from outside the School who are considered leaders in their particular fields. They travel the world teaching at our global centres, so you get the same, consistently high standard of teaching no matter where you are based.
Live Company Project Experience
Working in selected groups, and through the use of a blended learning model, you will closely mimic a real working environment.
You will be required to interact with other members of your group, and with the external company employees, through email, discussion groups, video conferencing and face to face meetings. During this time you will also conduct your own personal research and studies.
You will be supported by an academic supervisor, hand-picked for their expert knowledge.
This project will involve:
- Completion of a 10,000-word dissertation
- 12 months study
In the event that a student has corporate sponsorship, an individual project may be undertaken that helps their organisation achieve its goals.
Group Business Simulation
Working in small groups of four to six people, you will carry out a challenging business simulation project based on real issues faced by today's organisations.
The business simulation is designed to test your skills in:
As part of a group you will take over a fictional company competing in a growth market and work to maximise its share price by the end of the project.