Introducing and inspiring creativity in a business setting is not easy. From large multinational corporations and governments to lean start-ups, all organisations need to improve, adapt to changes and exploit new opportunities.
Creativity and Innovation Essentials will help you build a culture where creativity thrives. The two-day programme blends best practices from entrepreneurial start-ups and large-scale corporates. We’ll supply you with practical tools and strategies to use as an individual, for your team and your organisation. You’ll also work on a live innovation project to take you from spotting opportunities to idea generation to making it happen.
At a glance
We're here to help
This highly interactive, two-day programme delivers experiential learning based on the latest research. You will work in learning trios and small groups to complete a series of creativity and innovation challenges in a safe environment.
- Introductory message from the programme director
- Thought-provoking video content
- Create your personal ‘pen profile’, including current challenges and opportunities that will require creativity and innovation
|Day one||Observation and insight for creativity & innovation|
- Teams and diversity
- Observation skills and gaining insight for innovation
- Business model innovation and the business model canvas
- Key theories for creativity and innovation
|Day two||Creating and evaluating ideas for creativity and innovation|
- Creative environments: workplaces and office design
- Better brainstorming: how to run a creative workshop
- Learning from a local innovator
- Creating a culture of creativity and innovation
- Leading for creativity and innovation in the unique context of the GCC
A typical delegate may be:
- Middle and senior managers with management and project responsibilities
- From a large corporate firm or family business, government or business start-up
- GCC region focused
- Tasked with encouraging greater creativity and innovation across the business
- Targeting a new venture/product/service within an existing organisation
- Looking to work on the culture of their organisation
Alliance Manchester Business School has some of the most highly-regarded experts in business management. By working closely with industry, the team can solve real problems, predict future trends and drive change in business and management.
Dr Mark Batey - Programme Director
Collaborative - open programme attracts a wide range of industries, sectors and backgrounds, meaning delegates can learn from, challenge and support each other..
Personalised - each delegate will gain in confidence by experimenting with their own personal creativity and innovation in a safe environment..
Transformational - you'll take away practical tools and strategies to use as an individual, for your team and to build a culture where creativity thrives..
Flexible - uniquely designed to support different learning styles with a combination of group exercises, real life observations and expert, research-based commentary..
Applicable - learn by doing through a live mini project helping you understand how to apply a simple business model approach to commercialise ideas in the workplace..
Experienced- each session is facilitated by leading business academics and researchers with a wealth of experience in creativity and innovation research and in delivering Executive Education programmes to professional cohorts..
Lasting - programme delivers both individual and organisational benefits and promotes a lifelong connection with Alliance MBS through our Executive Education Network.